Are you passionate about working with children and seeking a new experience to move into your chosen field? Have you recently graduated and looking for your next challenge? Whether you have a degree in Psychology, Sociology, Education or something unrelated, we have a number of positions available in Teaching Assistant Roles to help you develop your experience whist gettng paid in a rewarding setting.
Protocol Education are currently seeking to recruit patient, resilient and confident Teaching Assistants who can provide 1:1 or group support to children who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and challenging behaviours at a local secondary school in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Providng 1:1 support to children or in small groups with SEND needs
- Supporting and encouraging young children to learn and achieve their goals and targets
- Using initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child’s independent communication and learning skills
- Working closely with class teachers and staff, parents, special needs leader, and outside agencies
- Graduate-level qualification
- No formal teaching qualifications required
- Be able to work 5 days a week (3 minimum between 8:15am and 3:30pm)
- Have a passion for education
- Be able to pass DBS checks
- Hard-working and reliable
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be available to work in the Newcastle upon Tyne area
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career in a rewarding environment! Apply today to avoid disapointment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.