We are working with a lovely school who are looking for a new Teaching Assistant
The role is based in Chelmsford
Driving is a must
The applicant must have:
- Ideally a Level 3 qualification in supporting Teaching and Learning in school.
- Some knowledge and skills relating to strategies for supporting pupils with different learning needs.
- The ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Calm, controlled and effective communication skills who can relate well to all children and adults
- within the school.
- The ability to work constructively as part of a team, with an understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school.
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures.
Additionally, we are looking for a person who:
- Is cheerful, positive and willing to go the extra mile;
- Is enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
- Is passionate about children’s learning.
You would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision of the class teacher but at times be expected to use your own initiative to organise activities and tasks;
- Work in partnership with other teaching assistants;
- Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils’ progress and thereby contribute greatly to assessment;
- Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils;
- Create resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate;
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.