Join out team as a British Sign Language Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students? Do you possess a strong command of British Sign Language (BSL) and have experience working with diverse learners? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Teaching Assistant in local schools.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the learning and development of students with communication needs, specifically those who use British Sign Language. Your expertise in BSL will be crucial in fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment where all students can thrive.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who use BSL
- Assist the classroom teacher in delivering lessons and adapting materials to meet the needs of BSL users.
- Foster positive relationships with students, promoting their confidence and engagement in learning.
- Collaborate with the school’s special educational needs team to develop individualised education plans.
- Help manage classroom behaviour and create a conducive learning atmosphere.
- Support students during activities and outings, ensuring their safety and inclusion.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and report back to the classroom teacher.
- Proficiency in BSL.
- Previous experience working with students who have communication needs is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with students and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy and a genuine passion for supporting the learning journey of diverse students.
- Flexibility to work full time or part time, based on individual school requirements
- Competitive daily rate of £77-£95, commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students’ lives.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Chance to work in diverse educational settings, gaining valuable experience.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment.
If you’re ready to take on an exciting role as a BSL Teaching Assistant and contribute to the success of local students, we want to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.