Position: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Brighton & Hove
Contract Type: Part & Full Time
Working Hours: Varied
Your primary responsibility will be to provide specialised support to children on the Autism spectrum. You will play a pivotal role in assisting students with their academic tasks and supporting them in their day-to-day activities within the school environment. Your work may range from classroom support to small groups or one-on-one. Here you will offer personalised assistance to help them overcome challenges, enhance their communication skills, and foster emotional well-being.
This opportunity allows you to make a profound impact on the lives of young learners, empowering them to thrive academically and emotionally.
Experience with behaviour management techniques, sensory integration, speech and language development, and addressing social emotional and mental health needs will be highly valued and encouraged among applications. These skills are highly desired but please do not be discouraged from applying if you do not have this exact experience.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous experience working with children with Autism, SEN, or a clear desire to work with additional needs.
- The ability to follow EHCPs (Education, Health, and Care Plans) or other educational plans designed to carer to individual learning needs.
- A genuine passion for making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs.
- The ability to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, foster the growth and development of every child.
- Patience, empathy and understanding to support students’ diverse learning requirements.
- A proactive and flexible approach, capable of adapting to various situation and challenges that may arise.
What we offer:
- A competitive pay rate.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (no hidden umbrella costs).
- A team and professional and experienced consultants to guide you.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- Access to over 50 online courses – available to Diploma and Certificate level.
- Representing and trusted by more than 4000 clients across the UK – being a preferred supplier to schools.
- We’ve assistant over 10,000 candidates being gainfully employed.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK. If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role – please apply now. Or if you wish to discuss this role, please contact Jamie at Protocol Education on 01273 253196 or email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.