We are working in partnership with a Secondary School based in Islington who are seeking a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join them on a full-time basis from Febuary 2024
Are you a recent graduate with a passion for education and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and a dedication to excellence? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
You will be working under the guidance of the Assistant Head Teacher and Higher-Level Teaching Assistant who are able to direct and guide you throughout the day.
- Provide one-to-one and group support to students in various subjects.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of educational activities and lessons.
- Celebrate success
- Support teachers in the preparation of materials and resources throughout the day
- Keep children safe
- Collaborate with colleagues to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
- Encourage student engagement and involvement during activities.
- You will be involved on trips and visits that are arranged for the students.
- Recent graduate in a relevant field (e.g., education, psychology, social sciences, English, maths, science)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to education and personal growth.
- It is not essential for this candidate to have experience working with children.
- Teaching assistant who is passionate about making a positive impact on a young person’s life.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kick-start their career in education and gain valuable experience in a supportive and dynamic environment. The school is committed to fostering a positive and inclusive culture, and they are looking for someone who shares their values and vision.
If you would like to be considered for this Teaching Assistant vacancy, please apply immediately. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a trial day followed by an interview with the SENCO.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.