Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of young learners? Do you have a keen interest in education and a desire to support teachers in creating a positive and engaging classroom environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Protocol Education is seeking a dedicated Teaching Assistant to join a reputable primary school in Colchester, starting in January 2024. This role offers the possibility of a permanent contract with the school.
- Assist the class teacher with the preparation of materials and resources for lessons.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to students with varying educational needs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes learning and well-being.
- Encourage student participation and engagement in class activities.
- Assist with classroom management and behavior support.
- Support students with special educational needs (SEN) as required.
- Contribute to the overall educational development of the students.
- Minimum of GCSEs or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Relevant teaching assistant qualifications and/or experience is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children.
- A commitment to the school's mission and values.
- An up-to-date DBS check or willingness to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Supportive and inclusive working environment.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and experienced teaching staff.
- Potential for a permanent contract with the school.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
If you are ready to take on this exciting role and make a meaningful impact on the lives of students, please apply directly to the advert and I will be in touch!
Join our team and help shape the future of young learners at this wonderful Colchester primary school! Your dedication and support can make a significant difference in their educational journey. Apply today to embark on this rewarding career path.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.