Protocol Education are offering a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and dedicated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join a school in supporting their pupils in making excellent progress academically, socially and emotionally. The special school is based in Islington, catering for pupils with autism and/or speech, language and communication needs.
• Have a passion for transforming the lives of young people with special educational needs.
• Have a flexible and creative approach to engaging pupils.
• Be committed to providing every child with the best quality of support.
• Be able to reflect and be proactive about your approach to each child.
• Be a good team player.
• Have a good sense of humour.
• Have specialist knowledge and experience of working with young people with social, emotional or mental health difficulties.
• Have previous experience of working directly with a pupil with ASC.
• Will involve working directly with a pupil with ASC, which can involve:
o supporting their social communication, interaction and interpretation skills.
o engaging them in their learning;
o developing strategies to help them self-regulate their emotions;
o supporting them to develop confidence, self-esteem and independence.
The school will:
• Offer a peaceful, holistic setting to develop your skillset and make a real difference in the lives of young people.
• Provide a welcoming, supportive and collaborative school team who is experienced and committed to delivering the highest quality education for young people.
• Provide a commitment to your continuous development, allowing you to develop how you want and when you want.
If this is something that you are interested in, or you would like more info, apply now and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.