A fantastic school in Sutton are looking to appointment a Youth Worker to support pupils with additional learning or behavioural needs.
This role will suit a candidate who understands challenges that young people face today and is passionate about contributing to the personal and academic development of every child.
Your experience does not necessarily need to be in a school environment, but rather working or volunteering in youth groups, sports coaching, after school clubs or the care sector to name a few!
Start date: ASAP (DBS dependant)
Full time and part time position available
The successful applicant will:
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be confident in working closely with other staff and parents to bring about positive change for each child
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skills
- Prides itself of having a carefully planned curriculum
- Offers a supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
- Offers an environment where the potential of each child is at the heart of everything they do
- Allows opportunities for you to practice your leadership and/or creative skills
- Close to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.