Are you passionate about working with children and seeking the perfect role to challenge and develop your practice as a teaching assistant?
Protocol Education are supporting one of our supportive and friendly Primary Schools in Salford to find an enthusiastic Primary School Teaching Assistant. This position will work closely with the class teacher to inspire, engage and support all pupils in their learning journey.
The role involves:
- Supporting the classroom teacher in delivering engaging lessons to meet the individual needs of the pupils.
- Preparing inclusive educational materials and activities that encourage children to participate and achieve.
- Working 1:1 with an individual child with SEN to provide additional support.
- Working collaboratively to build strong relationships with pupils, parents / carers and colleagues.
- Supporting students with special educational needs or disabilities and following individual education plans.
- Contribute to personal development through involvement in extra-curricular activities and events, including meetings and whole school training events.
What is required for this job:
- Wealth of experience in working with children
- Knowledge and experience working with children with SEN
- A CV providing education/employment history including any gaps from working.
- Hold an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service), Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and have the legal right to work in the UK.
What does Protocol Education have to offer?
Each year, Protocol Education helps thousands of teachers and teaching assistants right across the country to find the exact type of work that they are looking for including:
- Daily, long-term and permanent jobs in schools
- The full range of jobs including SEND and tuition.
- Great daily rates and the opportunity to get guaranteed work and pay.
- Weekly pay which is paid through PAYE (No hidden umbrella costs)
- Support for your career through free CPD and resources
- Help and advice from your consultant and our Teacher Services community.
- The peace of mind of working with a reputable and established company
- A £50 referral scheme
At Protocol we aspire to have a diverse workforce to enable the best outcomes. We believe that a more inclusive workplace, ensures better outcomes for everyone. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all that we do.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.