Our client is a Secondary Academy based near to Ely, they require a Teaching Assistant to join their team on a long term full time basis with an immediate start available.
The succesful candidate will be working as a general classroom assistant as well as 1:1 with students with additional needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy friendly team in a fantastic school on a long term basis.
Experience of working with pupils in a school based setting would be an advantage but candidtes with experience in Care or other environments working with young people would be considered.
To encourage children and young people to engage with education and overcome potential barriers to learning. Additionally, inspire learners to make positive life choices and to provide pupils with a therapeutic education which enables them to make the most of their life chances.
The Successful Candidates Will;
- • Support the school values and ethos
- • Be able to understand school policies, practices, and procedures • Have a general understanding of child development and learning
- • Be flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the children
- • Be able to liaise closely with teachers, support staff and demonstrate good teamwork.
- • Demonstrate good communication skills
- • Provide 1:1 support for children with SEMH & Challenging needs
- • Have high aspirations for all children to achieve their academic potential
If you are looking for a long term role in a friendly enthusiastic environment then get in touch today.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.