Protocol Education is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in Chesterfield. This is a fixed term Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) role, which will commence in February 2023.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative Key Stage 1 team, the Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) will focus on delivering Literacy and Maths interventions to small groups, whilst also providing general classroom support for a class of 31 children.
This good primary school is looking for a committed and successful Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) to join their motivated team. The school is a larger-than-average mixed primary school that welcomes pupils from a wide range of backgrounds into an inclusive school community. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (KS1 TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Key Stage 1 (KS1) environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience supporting primary education at Key Stage (KS1) Level.
• Ideally have experience delivering Literacy and Maths intervention groups.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Protocol Education offer
As a valued employee of Protocol Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• £250 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.