Teaching Assistant -
Currently recruiting a behavioural support worker with SEN experience in the Stockton-on-tees location. The right candidate will have experience of working with children who have special educational needs. The school require the candidate to be reliable and flexible and be prepared to support children of 3-16 years, to help provide routine and structure. The roles would be working with pupils across the Primary School. The role as a Teaching Assistant is extremely valuable and key to the overall learning and development of pupils. The positions would suit individuals who are seeking a challenging, fun, and rewarding experience.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Supported pupils one-to-one or in smalls groups.
- Experience of working as a Teaching Assistant or Transferable Skills
- Experience working with children with behaviours that challenge
- Flexible and available for full time work
- Enhanced DBS on Update Service (or willing to purchase)
- References to cover the last 2 years
- Be a confident person with a warm and friendly approach.
- Able to apply behaviour policies effectively and good de-escalation techniques
What can Protocol Education offer?
- Competitive rates of pay using a Pay As You Earn system (PAYE)
- Lots of opportunities for Continued Professional Development through free training courses (CPD)
- An honest and friendly team of recruitment specialists to support you
- A generous £250 Refer a Friend scheme (How many will you recommend?)
- Long term or daily roles
It is also beneficial to hold a valid UK driving licens
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.