Protocol Education are looking for caring, supportive, and dedicated Teaching Assistants who have experience working with pupils either as part of small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
We are recruiting for TA's to work in primary schools based in Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Cambridgeshire as well as the surrounding areas.
If you have experience as a Teaching Assistant or a Learning Support Assistant and have supported children with a range of SEND's or offered general classroom support, then please get in contact and apply!
We strongly encouarge candidates with experience working or volunteering with primary aged children to apply, including: sports coaches, youth workers, summer camp workers, carers and healthworkers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well within a team
- Interest in with working with children with SEND
- A patient and understanding approach
- Teaching Assistant experience
- A valid UK DBS or be willing to undertake one
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Providing 1:1 or small group support
- Deliver engaging activities for pupils
- Support to ensure working towards therapy targets
- Work closely with the class teacher
In return Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay, weekly through PAYE
- Local job opportunities with a dedicated consultant
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to make career progression, supply work can turn into long term roles
- Refer a friend bonus
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position or would like further information on how we can support you, please apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.