Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in a supportive state of the art special needs school located in North Tyneside to start in Immediately. This school are looking for newly experience/experienced teaching assistants who are passionate & enthusiastic in the development of children and strives to adhere to the school’s ethos of promoting a positive and engaging learning experience for its students. This primary school specialises in autism, speech & language and complex needs and will provide successful applicants the opportunity to develop and receive on site training.
As a teaching assistant you will be working in classes ranging from 6 – 8 students per class, following and delivering individualised training programs, working together with the team and ensuring high levels of practices are adhered to, managing behaviours, maintaining students’ ability to stay on task, but more importantly promoting an engaging and enjoyable learning environment for its students.
- Full time – Monday to Friday
- Start date - ASAP (DBS dependent)
- Working within a set class of 6 – 8 students per class
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher
- Following individualised learning plan
- Differentiating the work to meet the students’ needs
- Promoting a positive learning experience for all students
- Developing speech and language
- Utilising visual and sensory resources such as textures, sand and water play
- Supporting students in break times
- Assisting in field trips
- Supporting students in creative lessons such as music, art, dance and P.E.
- Experienced consultant
- Free training to support you in your role
- No umbrella companies
- Competitive rates of pay
To be considered for to this role please submit your application ASAP whilst roles last to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0191 279 7270.
All applications will be considered, and all suitable applications will be contacted within 24hrs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.