Protocol Education are working in partnerhsip with an Ofsted Outstanded Secondary School based in Redbridge who are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Law for September 2023. The ability to contribute to the English department in KS3 would be an advantage but not essential.
The school provides an excellent education for all of their pupils and they believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives.
What the school offer;
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- An opportunity to work in a modern, well-resourced Humanities suite and Sixth Form Centre, comprising excellent facilities.
- Pupils who are eager to learn, with 90% of our high recruiting Sixth Form going on to university study.
- You will be joining a thriving Humanities team offering:
- o GCSE and A-Level Geography
- o GCSE and A-Level History
- o GCSE and A-Level Religious Studies
- o A-Level Government and Politics
- o A-Level Law.
- Results were strong, despite the disruption caused by the pandemic. Year 13 Law students examined summer 2022 achieved a 100% A*-E pass rate, with 65% of grades at A*-C and 20% at A* & A.
What you offer:
- You will be passionate about teaching Law and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- A strong academic background in the Law area.
- You will be hard working and driven by the belief that all students are capable of academic success.
- You will approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
- You will share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long-term input.
- Be able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
If you are interested in being considered for the role o Teacher of Law, please apply immediately. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a 30 minute lesson observation and an interview with the Head of Department.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.