Food Technology Teacher
Harrow – Full Time
ECTs applications welcome
This is a one-year contract to teach KS3-4, starting in September 2023.
The food technology department currently has one food teacher and three DT teachers, and we are looking for a teacher who can bring their expertise and enthusiasm to the team. ECTs are also welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Planning and delivering engaging and challenging lessons in food technology
- Assessing and monitoring student progress, providing feedback and support as required
- Contributing to the development of the food technology curriculum
- Collaborating with colleagues in the department and across the school to ensure a cohesive and effective approach to teaching and learning
- Participating in extracurricular activities and events, such as cooking clubs and school fairs
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in food technology or a related subject
- Qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Experience teaching food technology at KS3-4
- A passion for food and cooking, and a commitment to inspiring and engaging students in this subject
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and build positive relationships with students
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.