Full time, term time only
Protocol Education are working with a mainstream secondary school located in Hackney who are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chemistry.
This post is for a part time position teaching and delivering Chemistry based lessons to Key Stage 3 and 4 and potentially 5 students.
The ability to teach other Sciences such as Biology and Physics would be advantageous, however application would still be accepted for those who can only teach Chemistry.
Applications from Early Careers Teachers will be accepted as well as applications from Unqualified Teachers with good subject knowledge.
Teacher of Chemistry Requirements:
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Good level of ICT skills
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- Experience of working with children
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment
Teacher of Chemistry Responsibilities:
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- Provide a learning experience which gives students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- Share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Science Department offers:
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- An OFSTED rated ‘Good’ school in 2017
- Exceptional and wide-ranging CPD opportunities
- Good behaviour system
- A centralised approach to planning, to ensure that we are all sharing our resources and minimising workload
If you would like to be considered for this Teacher of Chemistry vacancy, please apply immediately.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.