Protocol are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistants who are looking for part time and full time work now! It is a flexible role around your life!
To succeed as a SEND/General Teaching Assistant, you will need to draw upon your understanding , and have:
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum, preferred.
- Knowledge of various teaching methods appropriate for SEND pupils.
- A sound understanding of child development and learning.
- Demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks.
- Willingness and ability to adapt in response to changing circumstances.
- Monitor pupils’ responses and adapt to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- Provide feedback to pupils in a constructive way that reinforces learning.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- To be a supportive member of the SEND team.
- An interest in developing your personal and professional progres
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.