Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to join our expanding network of schools within the Teesside region (specifically Hartlepool and Stockton).
We work with amazing schools in Middlesbrough, Redcar, Cleveland, Stockton, Hartlepool, Darlington and County Durham and we connect high quality educators, such as yourself, and place them in the appriopate schools that we work with (this is dependant on the job and the location of the school)
As a Support Worker, you will be expected to work with children who have additional needs or need assistance in the classroom for any reason. You must be prepared to work in small groups or work 1:1 with the students.
This is a great opportunity to work in a range of classroom environments, from Early Years up to Key Stage 4. The presented opportunity can help to positively develop and encourage a student along their academic and social life as well as enhance and develop your skillset
The ideal candidate
- Must have knowledge of SEN (preferably through experience)
- Confident in supporting behaviours that challenge with good de-escalation techniques
- Be able support the students either 1:1 or in small groups
- Willing to learn new skills
- Preferably, have extra qualifications such as, Team Teach (or equivalent)
- Relevant qualifications such as Level 2 Teaching Assistant
- Willing to learn new skills and develop knowledge
- Can provide referees covering the last 3 years
What Protocol can offer
- Friendly and transparent consultant who is always happy to help
- Refer a friend scheme of £250
- CPD courses and webinars to build your portfolio
Please apply or contact Jake for information firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.