Support Worker needed for Bristol Secondary School
Protocol education are currently recruiting for a full time support worker for a fantastic Secondary School in South Bristol. The school prides itself on maintaining an ethos of equality and inclusion, ensuring that all students regardless of background or need can flourish within their school environment. You will be an empathetic, caring individual who actively promotes this ethos and commitment through your work with students.
The role will entail working both 1 to 1 and in small groups with children. Students will have a variety of SEND (Special Educational Needs) such as Autism, SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs) as well as other individual needs.
You may have experience within an educational setting, but if not this may still be the role for you. We are keen to hear from Individuals with experience in areas such as youth work, care, mental health as well as graduates in subjects such as Psychology, Sociology and Art. If you do not have experience in these areas but are still interested and have a passion to make a difference to young people’s lives then please do get in touch!
Start date: November 28th
Location: South Bristol
Hours: Full time
- Able to constantly demonstrate a caring supportive approach to individuals with various SEND (Special Educational Needs)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Can potentially bring a creative approach to learning with students
- Able to remain calm in all situations
- Committed to continual learning and professional development
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Degree in relevant subject if possible
What to expect from Protocol Education:
- Competitive rates that reflect your experience
- CPD during half term
- Ongoing professional support from a team of experts
- Free Webinars
- £50 refer a friend rebate
- CV writing assistance
- Social events (Including Bowling and Pizza nights)
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.