Job Description: Supply/PPA Teacher
Location: South East England, Surrey, Caterham
Job Type: Contract, Full-Time
Salary: £140 - £160 per day
Skills: Teacher, PPA, Primary, Flexible
- Deliver high-quality teaching to primary school students as a supply/PPA teacher.
- Follow and implement the school's curriculum and lesson plans effectively.
- Manage classroom behaviour and create a positive learning environment.
- Provide support and assistance to students with diverse learning needs.
- Ensure student safety and well-being during all activities.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to promote an inclusive and engaging educational experience.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to accommodate different learning styles.
- Assess student progress and provide timely feedback to students and parents.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, achievements, and assessments.
- Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, and professional development activities.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in the United Kingdom.
- Proven experience teaching in a primary school setting.
- Excellent knowledge of the national curriculum and the ability to effectively implement it.
- Strong classroom management and behaviour management skills.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in a primary school.
- Experience working as a supply teacher or covering PPA time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of primary school teaching principles and practises.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time-management abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in different classrooms and adapt to various teaching styles.
- Postgraduate qualification in Education or a relevant field.
- Additional training or certifications related to primary education.
- Work primarily in a classroom setting within a primary school.
- May be required to work with students of different age groups and abilities.
- Regular collaboration and communication with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Full-time contract with the expectation of working standard school hours.
- Flexibility may be required to cover PPA time or provide supply teaching as needed.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.