Student/ Graduate Teacher Assistant
Newcastle & North Tyneside
£77-80 per day
Protocol Education is recruiting undergraduate and masters’ students to be teaching assistants in schools across Newcastle and north Tyneside.
We have both full time and part time roles available for individuals who are looking to gain some experience in schools.
Individuals with full time availability usually get placed within a school across a long term placement. Those with short term availability typically do daily work, which allows you to network with schools ready for when you have full time availability.
This is a very rewarding role which is suitable for those who have studied councelling, Psychology, Sports, creative courses and health and social care.
- Support the classroom teacher in the delivery and production of the lesson.
- Provide one-to-one support to students
- Manage behaviour in the classroom.
- Interact with students, staff and parents.
- Engage in classroom activities.
- Aid the educational and emotional development of students.
- The right to work in the UK.
- Has or is willing to obtain an enhanced DBS.
- Is a patient and approachable individual.
- Has positive communication skills.
- Has a passionate for student development.
- Ideally experience in a school setting.
- Access to continuous work and income
- The opportunity to network with schools in Newcastle and north Tyneside.
- The support from the consultants at protocol Education.
- The opportunity to advance your skill set through our online courses
If you feel you would be a good fir for this role, please apply now.
If you have any questions please contact Melissa on 0191 279 7270 or email email@example.com.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.