SPORTS GRADUATE – SEN SUPPORT
Are you a Sports graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with children or young adults with additional needs? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties)?
Do you have a passion for helping young people develop and grow?
If so, look no further! Protocol Education has a reputable and supportive school in Lewisham looking for a Sports Graduate to support students with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). The school works to improve the outcomes of those with additional needs or behavioural difficulties.
About the role:
• Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
• Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
• Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
What we need from you:
• A patient and understanding approach
• An interest and passion in supporting SEND students to achieve better outcomes
• A flexible approach and open nature
• Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND is preferred but not essential
• Team Teach or Moving and Handling training preferred but not essential
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position or require any further information, we would love to hear from you! To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience. You will be contacted by one of our consultants within 48 hours if you are shortlisted!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.