Sports Coaches – Secondary Schools – West Leeds
There is an increasing demand for sports coaches within secondary schools, with the main responsibility to be on hand to support within the PE department and cover lessons for PE teachers when required. Such roles will require individuals to be adaptable and willing to take on other roles within the school when needed such as, behaviour support, general cover supervision and working 1-1 work students.
This is an exciting position for sports graduates, or experienced sports coaches who are looking to further their experience in the education sector or who are looking to complete a Physical Education PGCE.
You will be working within a team of teachers and support staff, as well as working independently to support classes and individual students. You will gain further insight into the curriculum and behaviour systems within schools.
Starting dates are to be confirmed, however, under current guidance roles will commence after February half term.
Requirements for this role:
- Sports related degree – exceptions if individuals have alternate degree qualification along with vast sports coaching experience.
- Experience working with young individuals – experience working in secondary schools is ideal but not essential other child related experience is accepted.
- Sound understanding across sports.
- Able to provide evidence of maintaining health and safety standards in sport or exercise.
- Resilient, with strong behaviour management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Able to adhere and understand behaviour policies.
- Confident leading full classes of students and working 1-1 with small groups.
- Passion for working with young individuals.
- Enhanced Child Workforce DBS on the update service – or willing to apply for a new one.
It is always a great opportunity to work for Protocol Education as we can offer you the following additional benefits:
- 24/7 and out of hours support from your education consultant.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Continuous CPD training in branch.
- Chance to network in the education sector– invaluable if looking to pursue a career in education.
- Refer a Teacher scheme that can get you up to £250.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.