Psychology & Sports Graduates - £350 - £450 per week - immediate starts in Leeds, Wakefield & Bradford
Most of the positions turn into permanent jobs.
Ideally you will be already living locally and be ready to start when we have done our mandatory checks.
We are seeking Teaching Assistants, Tutors and Support Workers for Pupil Referral Units, SEMH Schools and alternative education settings across West and North Yorkshire. these are for long term, short-term roles and in most cases, they lead to a permanent job. This acts as a great platform if you are looking for a career in education, especially if you are intending to go on and complete your teacher training or work with young people in a wider context. Many of these positions do turn into permanent work and I have had many graduates who have started work with me and have gone on to get their dream job working with young people or in a wider field of Clinical Psychology or as a PE teacher/Instructor
Are you interested in supporting young people who no longer attend a mainstream school?
Do you have what it takes to adapt into a rewarding environment as part of a supportive and welcoming team?
Have you ever thought about working in an alternative setting, PRU or SEMH School?
We would especially welcome applications if you have an interest or experience in the any of the following areas.
• A genuine passion for working with young people and improve their outcomes.
• Youth Community work experience.
• Have studied one of the following Drama, Sports coaching or Psychology
• Outgoing, strong, confident personality and can work independently
• SEND experience - SEMH, MLD, SEND, Autism spectrum conditions or with young people who present with Challenging behaviour
• Have worked or done a placement in a school, in residential support or as a care worker
• Possess Team Teach or some physical intervention training or at least be willing to do the short 1 or 2 day course to enhance your prospects.
• Mentoring or 1:1 student tuition in either English, Maths or Science
• Teaching/Learning Support Assistance/ Numeracy and Literacy support
Protocol Education has been placing teaching professionals in a range of settings for decades. We are a REC accredited and audited company, this means we really take safeguarding seriously and are a leading fully compliant provider within the education. We have a large office network that stretches from the North East to the South West and most areas in-between.
Protocol Education adheres to the following from its Support Workers;
• A DBS certificate with a live subscription to the update service or be willing to get one. Our cost is only £38.
• Two professional references within the last three years.
• Someone who is committed to the safeguarding of young people
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.