Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Social & Emotional Youth Worker to work in a thriving Primary and Secondary special needs school based in the Weston area who are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our Speech and Language Therapy Team.
These two schools are part of a small multi-academy trust that was set up with the ambition to improve the SEND provision in the South West and provide as many young people as possible with a bespoke, specialist education that is tailored to each individual's needs.
Are you looking for a new challenge? The opportunity to make a difference and enrich the lives of children with behaviour needs? We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and committed HTLA Speech and Language to join our team in a safe, secure and welcoming environment.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will be required to provide speech and language therapy assessment and intervention to pupils, including advice and training to relevant parents, carers and professionals. You will work closely with the Lead Speech and Language Therapist to manage and prioritise caseloads according to the needs of the students.
You will receive regular coaching, mentoring and line management support from the Lead Speech and Language Therapist and work closely with our Speech and Language Therapist based in our primary provision.
Location - Weston
Start Date - ASAP
Pay - £11.80 - £13.00
Desirable Role requirements
- RCSLT and HCPC membership
- A professional Speech and Language Therapy degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working within the RCSLT clinical guidelines and HCPC standards.
- Experience of working with children or young people in an educational setting
- Experience or knowledge of delivering provision through the EHCP process
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
What the school offer you
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- Free Webinars
- Social events (currently online)
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marking tools
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.