Specialist Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education is working alongside a specialist education school in Wiltshire to appoint a confident, empathetic and passionate Teaching Assistant.
A school that delivers both education and care to a wide range of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND). This includes Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), Speech, Language and Communication needs (SLCN) and Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
The school enables students access to an extensive range of extracurricular experiences, stability and the time to build confidence and independence skills in a supportive and nurturing environment.
The ideal Individual will be professional and passionate about SEND/SEMH as well as having a passion for working with and supporting children/young people with SEND/SEMH
Position: Teaching Assistant
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full time
The Ideal Candiate Will Have:
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience of working with children/young people who display challenging behaviour
- The ability to build a professional relationship, encouraging our students to access the curriculum
- A professional and flexible approach
- Ready to get involved and get stuck in
- Strong team work skills
- An interest in running additional activities, where your passions can be shared
- You will set high expectations for all
Protocol Eduction can offer;
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Guaranteed work agreements that guarantee consistent work and income
- CPD during half term or summer
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
- Guidance and support from an experienced team with over 31 years experience in the education and recruitment sector
- Free Webinars on topical, relevant information within schools to enhance and keep professional knowledge updated
- £50 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community that supports new and existing teachers
- Social events & termly awards that celebrate outstanding performance and commitment
Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2022, REC audited, Investor In People, CPD Member
If you are interested in this role please apply through this advert or apply on our Protocol Education website.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.