Specialist SEND Bheaviour Support Assistant
I am currently working with a Primary school close to West Drayton who are looking for someone to work 1:1 with a child with SEND who needs specialist support due to challenging behaviours.
We are looking for someone who has an extensive understanding of working with children with SEND, and can come with stratgeies to support with positive behaviour management strategies, experience or awareness of trauma informed care and the principles of child psychology would be hugely beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding behaviour management strategies, with a focus on positive behaviour management.
- Experience of working with children, young people with challenging behaviour, Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social Emotional or Mental health (SEMH) or other Special Educational Disabilities (SEND) which have impacted on behaviour.
- Sports/coaching background or experience of delivering workshops arts or drama etc
- Ability to build positive and nurturing relationships that help to build confidence, and boost attainment.
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills to be able to support with the Primary national curriculum.
In return for your hard work you will have the opportunity to grow and develop and work with a unique Primary school setting where they have a profound respect and understanding of supporting children with SEND. You will have access to continued professional development as well as good rates of pay and extra benefits like flexibility and weekly pay.
You will need to be available to work Monday-Friday between 8.30-4pm term time only.
If you are available to start ASAP and ideally with a DBS on the online update service or willing to apply, then please do get in touch today with your CV and covering letter to maria.williams@protocol-education or by applying directly to this advert
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.