SEND Student Support Worker
A brilliant school in Bristol are looking to appointment a Student Support Worker to support individuals with SEND needs on a 1:1 and small group basis. They are looking for someone with a calm and empathetic nature who can be innovative in their approach to support students.
Your experience does not necessarily need to be from a school environment, but rather working or volunteering in youth groups, sports coaching, social work or the care sector with vulnerable adults or children with additional learning needs or disabilities. Graduates with degrees relating to Psychology, Sociology and Counselling are also strongly encouraged to apply (this list is not exhaustive).
Start date: 3rd January 2023
Hours: 8.30am-3.30pm - Monday to Friday.Both full and part time applicants will be considered
The successful applicant will:
- Liaise on a daily basis with teachers, pastoal staff and the SENDCo to progress the student/s towards their academic and personal targets
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be confident to work closely with families to bring about positive change for each child
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skills
- Prides itself of having a carefully planned curriculum
- Offers a supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
- Allows opportunities for you to practice your leadership and/or creative skills with dedicated days for staff to enhance their skillsets
- Close to public transport links
- Free on-site parking
- Host regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.