Looking for an exciting opportunity to develop a rewarding career in the Education sector?
Are you wanting to build on your existing skills, experience and knowledge?
Do you have a passion for Special Needs?
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) schools in the Nottinghamshire area are looking to recruit passionate and reliable Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant/Support Workers. The provision is happy to provide necessary training for candidates to support those who are passionate but require extra training to build on existing skills and knowledge.
Experience of working with children with Special Educational needs is desirable but not essential. You will be energetic and enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills and proactiveness, creating the best settings for a safe and effective learning environment.
Both full-time AND part-time roles are available.
Working as a Teaching Assistant you will work at a range of SEND schools providing support for students with additional needs in order to ensure that they’re getting the best out of their education and are given an equal opportunity to succeed outside of the classroom. Initially you will work on a day-to-day basis, however there could be the option for a school to offer you a long-term position should they require.
- To provide learning support for pupils with SEN in class or in 1:1 or small group situation.
- To develop knowledge of the needs of the students and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment across the whole school environment.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.
- To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the post to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs.
What Protocol Education can offer you:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- Free Webinars
- £250 refer a friend rebate
- NQT/ECT network community
- Social event
- CV writing assistance and marketing tool
- Excellent transport links with a local bus service
- No umbrella companies
- Support throughout your placements
- On-site training & accredited CPD#
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.