Protocol Education are currently seeking to recruit Teaching Assistants to work with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) at one of our Secondary schools within the Gateshead area (UK). You will be providing 1:1 and group support to children who require extra support, some with challenging behaviours. We have roles beginning ASAP (pending clearance) until at least July 2023. There is a high probability a direct contract with the school will be offered after this time.
The school wishes to employ a graduate with an interest in teaching or educational psychology. No previous experience is required as the school will provide on the job training and CPD to assist in the role. Accredited qualifications will also be available via Protocol Education. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to take their first steps working within the education sector as no previous experience is required.
You must be available Monday-Friday (Full-time) and live within Gateshead or a commutable distance of Gateshead (United Kingdom). You must have an Enhanced DBS/ be willing to purchase one to work with children.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach and understand how to respond to challenging behaviours
- Hold a university degree
- Be able to work Monday-Friday (term time)
- Have experience and/or knowledge of working with children with SEND (not essential)
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are committed to working positively to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the schools pupils, Apply Now to avoid disappointment.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.