A ‘good’ school in Haringey seeking a full-time experienced Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant. Required to work with pupils who have learning difficulties, behavioural problems or physical or sensory disabilities. This position is for the rest of the academic year. The staff are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. They have an excellent staff well-being package and seek out career development opportunities for all staff. Both the staff and children are friendly and welcoming. There is adequate onsite parking and good transports links. Pay starts from £70 per day.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be able to deliver RWI phonics sessions
- Have experience working with SEN children
- Assess the individual learning needs of pupils
- Positively manage challenging behaviour
- Liaise with parents, carers and other professionals who work with the children
- Supervise activities
- Work with teachers to find bespoke and individualised child centred education to help engage the children
- Work with children in small groups and on a one-to-one basis
In return Protocol will offer you:
- Ongoing CPD
- Competitive rates of pay (weekly)
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Social nights out with the rest of Protocol staff
- A wide variety of positions, both day to day and long-term
- £250 Referral Bonus for each teacher or support worker you refer to us*
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.