Protocol Education are currently recruiting special needs care teaching assistants to work in a state-of-the-art special needs school located in Newcastle. This particular school caters for students for primary students with varying levels of special needs that include visual/hearing impairments, autism, physical disabilities and complex needs. As a care teaching assistant you will be working in a set class of 6 – 8 students, supporting students on one-to-one basis, promoting a positive learning experience, assisting with sensory integration, working alongside designated care plans, and supporting students in creative lessons such as music, art, dance, and outdoor activities such as the sensory garden.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (8:30 - 15:30)
- Yearlong contract with the option of extending
- Working one to one with students with complex needs
- Developing social and cognitive development
- Supporting sensory development
- Following individualised care to students with complex needs
- Developing cognitive and social development with the support or visual and tractile resources
- Opportunity to work residential hours
- Supportive senior leadership team
- Experienced consultant
- Free training to support you in your role
- No umbrella companies
- Competitive pay
- Excellent transport links
To be considered for to this role please apply now. If you would like further information or to discuss other opportunities within schools please call or email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.