Calling all Teachers!!
We are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic Supply Teachers who are looking to work in special need schools. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in teaching and wants the flexibility of working on a temporary basis, for newly qualified teachers looking for opportunities to get into schools or simply for qualified teachers for a change of role or school.
The benefits of working in a special needs school for a Teacher are:
- Smaller class sizes - max of 8 pupils or less per lesson
- TAs assigned to support 1:1 or 1:4 in the lesson
- CPL - schools provide continued proffessional learning courses and training to help you build on your exsisting knowledge and experience
- Nurture settings and sensory rooms are provided for pupils when required
- Team Work - our educators give positive feedback on the support they receive in the schools regarding informed breifings on pupils, welcoming atmosphere and how passionate staff are with wanting to help pupils reach their full potential!
If you feel this role is right for you or you want to trial this environment to see how you get on, then apply now and attach your up to date CV!
We have a training portal where you can apply for relevant courses and training as part of your CPL, as well as experienced SEN Consultants who you can talk to about the role and setting.
We are looking for full time or part time staff (min 3 days), 8.30-4pm (some meetings may be schduled in after 4pm but we will let you know in advance) term time only - we also offer temp to perm if you and the school agree and would like to look at the options to becoome permanent.
- Deliver high-quality lessons to students in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- Plan and prepare lessons in advance and leave detailed notes for the regular teacher to follow upon their return.
- Manage student behaviour in accordance with school policies and procedures.
- Create a positive and stimulating classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Provide feedback to students and the regular teacher on their progress and areas for improvement.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in school-wide activities as required.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Proven experience in teaching in a primary or secondary school setting.
- Excellent classroom management skills and the ability to engage and motivate students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in different schools and classrooms.
- A current DBS check or willingness to undergo a DBS check.
Salary: £600-£800 per week
Contract Type: Temporary/Supply or Temp to Perm (depending on agreement with school and educator)
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Flexibility to work when and where you want.
- Opportunity to gain experience in a range of different schools and settings.
- Access to training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- No umbrella companies or hidden fees.
- Paid weekly
If you are a passionate and dedicated teacher looking for a flexible and rewarding role, then we want to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.