Protocol Education is looking for a Special Needs Learning Assistant to work in Rotherham. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting students with special educational needs in the classroom.
- Assist students with special needs in the classroom, ensuring they are engaged and focused.
- Help with lesson planning and preparation.
- Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning.
- Monitor and record progress of students with special needs.
- Support the teacher in maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Attend meetings with parents and other professionals to discuss the progress and needs of students.
- Relevant experience working with children with special educational needs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and patient in challenging situations.
- Willingness to undergo a DBS check.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Dedicated specialist consultant providing around the clock support
If you are passionate about working with children with special educational needs and want to make a difference in their lives, then please apply for this position.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.