Social Science Graduates Wanted – Teaching Assistant Positions Available
Access to CPD & Online Training Courses, Free Safeguarding Course, NO Umbrella Companies
Full Time - £385 - £400 / Week
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Are you a social science graduate interested in gaining invaluable experience whilst working in a top-quality school? This is your opportunity to put the theory you developed in university to practice by working in an environment with children. This role can work alongside your degree to build your cv around education and experience which can result in greater employability and aid in your future career goals. Ideal experience prior to a PGCE.
- DBS / Right to work in the UK.
- An interest in working with children and SEND children.
- A patient, trusting, and calm approach.
- Experience working with children and/or people with SEND is preferable.
Idea of Responsibilities
- Provide 1:1 support to students.
- Assist with the daily tasks in the classroom.
- Behaviour management.
- Create a safe and productive work environment.
About Us – Your Benefits
- Protocol Education are a market leader, and one of the leading education recruitment specialists in Newcastle. We work with the majority of schools in the North-East which allows us to find you your perfect job.
- £50 Refer a friend scheme.
- Free CPD & Online training courses.
- Professional support in your daily activities by our team of experts.
- Continued support in finding work in education.
If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Cameron on 0191 279 7270.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.