Social, Emotional, Mental Health Support Worker
Protocol Education are currently working with a leading Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in Harrow and they are seeking a full-time Support Worker to support a student on a 1:1 basis.
This role would also suit a mainstream Learning Support Assistant, who has a keen interest in transitioning over to working within Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH), Austism Spectrum Condtion (ASC), ADHD, and is willing and able to deal with challenging behaviour.
About the School:
- A specialist provision for students with an Educational Health Care Plan (ECHP) where the primary needs are ASC, ADHD and SEMH difficulties
- A school which aims to provide an atmosphere where pupils and families feel welcome and supported
- Taking a holistic approach to the child's learning journey
- Children are encouraged to take part in a wide range of sporting events and clubs, and other extra-curricular activities that build social and personal skills
- Strong, confident and compassionate
- A passion for working with vulnerable youth
- Wanting to support pupils in the classroom, carefully guiding and helping them to make good progress in key areas.
- Flexible and willing to take on all challenges
- Must have at least 6 months’ school-based experience
Highlights of becoming a Protocol Education Support Worker:
- Full-time positions available
- Experience working with students with a variety of complex needs.
- Ideal post for graduates with a SEN background looking to move into a career in education.
How to apply:
If you’re as excited about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly via the Protocol website. Please note:
- If you have been outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the last 5 years then please provide a translated Overseas Police Check
- We will need 2 references to cover the last 24 months.
- Please be prepared to provide us with your Right to Work in the interview process.
- You will need a DBS on the Update Service or be willing to purchase one through Protocol.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.