Protocol Education are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Youth Support Worker to work in a thriving pupil referral unit in Westminster.
The students that attend the school all have Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs (SEMH), an additional support need or have been identified as having a statement of an educational need or an Educational, health and care plan (EHCP).
The unit pride themselves as being part of a supportive local authority, they aim to support every child in order that they can develop their self-esteem, achieve appropriate and challenging personal targets and develop an enthusiasm for learning so that they can make the most of opportunities presented to them. All staff work to inspire, motivate, challenge and support each pupil, no matter what their individual needs may be.
The ideal candidate will be professional and passionate about SEND/SEMH and supporting children with additional needs and being fully able to adapt themselves to meet each individual needs, including excellent behaviour management.
Position: Social, Emotional & Mental Health Support Worker. If you have what it takes, you can join an experienced, innovative team with incredible potential!
Protocol Education are looking for a candidate who:
- Believes that every student, regardless of their background or need, can make outstanding progress
- Is rigorous, relentless, determined, creative, creative and inspirational in their style and presence as a leader
- Utilises a variety of methods to be engaging
- Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the well being with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals and the local community
Protocol Eduction can offer:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- CPD during half term or summer
- £250 refer a Teacher/TA Bonus
- Free Webinars
- Social events
- NQT/ECT network and community
- CV writing assistance and marketing tools
If you're interested, please apply or contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02032197740. Thanks! Katie @protocol 02032197740
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.