Do you have a range of knowledge of SEND and are looking for work in a Specialist School environment? Look no further as Protocol Education are offering the opportunity to work in a school that caters to primary aged children with PMLD, SLD, Complex Medical Needs and Autism.
We are able to work around you and can offer both day to day and long-term positions on a part time or full-time basis.
As a teaching assistant you will work closely with classroom teachers and other support staff to care for the students and offer them an equal chance at education. You will follow care plans and use a range of tools to communicate with children helping to promote individuality and boost self-esteem.
To be successful for this role, you must be confident, open to new challenges and be willing to get stuck in straight away. Coming from a care background, whether that is professionally or personally will be highly beneficial in this role.
Although not essential, extra training in Moving and Handling and medication administration is highly desired.
In return Protocol can offer you:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.