Senior Science Technician
Your expertise in the safe operation and maintenance of specialist equipment, coupled with your up-to-date knowledge of health and safety procedures in specialist areas, will contribute to creating a safe and conducive learning environment.
- Provide exceptional technical support to Science lessons, ensuring the highest standards of preparation and organization.
- Maintain and manage specialist equipment, ensuring its functionality and availability for use in experiments and demonstrations.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in laboratory techniques, scientific methodologies, and health and safety regulations.
- Collaborate closely with Science Teachers to facilitate engaging and effective practical activities that enhance student learning.
- Foster a culture of safety, ensuring that all laboratory procedures and practices comply with established health and safety guidelines.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.