Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants to work in an inclusive special needs school in Wandsworth to start immediately. This inclusive school are currently recruiting teaching assistants with/without experience who are comfortable working with students with special needs and are keen to make a positive difference to students learning. As a teaching assistant you will be working with students on a one-to-one basis or within a class where you will work collaboratively with the team, supporting students in numeracy, literacy, cooking, hand eye coordination, speech & language, and recreational activities such as cooking, sports, music & art. In addition, you will receive on site training throughout the job to help you meet the students needs more effectively and also help students to achieve their individualised targets.
If successful, the role will be till the end of the academic year with the option of continuing into the September 2023/24 academic year.
- Full time - Monday to Friday
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Working one to one or in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Working either with early years, primary, secondary students or post 16 students
- Supporting students in numeracy, literacy, hand eye coordination, art, sensory based lessons & speech & language development
- Working in creative lessons such as music, art, P.E. and cooking and outdoor activities
- Supporting the teacher
- Breaking down the work to meet the students needs and enable them access the work
- Working alongside goals and ensure students meet their academic/development targets
- Promoting a positive behaviour
- Comfortable working with special needs
- Professional and committed
- Confident in managing verbal behaviour
- Proactive and engaging
- Ability to use their initiative
- No umbrella companies
- Experienced consultant to advise and help prepare for new opportunities
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Supportive school
- Excellent transport links
- Additional shifts optional
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you would like to be considered for other roles in Merton or neighbouring boroughs or would like to be considered for September 2023/24 roles please also send your CV.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.