SEND Teaching Assistant – Redcar
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children within education? Or perhaps you want to develop your own skills and knowledge of supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs?
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work in a supportive Redcar SEN school supporting learners with special educational needs including Autism (ASC), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties).
About the role:
- Full time, Monday – Friday
- Proving 1:1 and group support to pupils
- Being an accessible, supportive member of staff
- Creating fun and engaging learning experiences for children and young adults.
- Delivering or supporting exciting lessons planned by teachers
We are looking for candidates that:
- Are passionate about the learning and development of children.
- Are enthusiastic, friendly and naturally outgoing.
- Are dedicated to providing excellent learning experiences for pupils.
- Have a passion for supporting learners
- Are able to use their initiative in adapting activities to meet the individual needs and support the holistic development of the child.
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of paycontinued professional development through FREE training courses (CPD)
- £250 refer a friend bonus
- Support from a dedicated recruitment specialist to support you
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.