Job Description: SEND Teaching Assistant
Job Title: SEND Teaching Assistant
Location: England, Greater London, Hillingdon
Job Type: Permanent, expected to work Full-Time hours
Primary Industry: Education and Training
Salary: £80.00 - £90.00 Per day
Benefits: PAYE & CPD
- Providing support to students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in an educational setting
- Assisting the teacher in planning and delivering tailored lessons to meet individual needs
- Creating a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Supporting students with personal care, if required
- Monitoring and recording student progress and development
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure effective support
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and promoting positive behaviour
- Adapting materials and resources to support students with SEND
- Assisting with the organisation of educational activities and outings
- Contributing to the overall welfare and safeguarding of students
- Level 3 qualification in relevant field
- Teaching qualification
Achieved level 3 qualification in a relevant field
Hold a teaching qualification
Prior experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role
Experience supporting students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of childcare practises
- Knowledge of teaching assistant techniques and strategies
- Familiarity with learning support methods
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good organisation and time management abilities
- Additional qualifications related to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- First Aid certification
The SEND Teaching Assistant will primarily work in an educational setting, such as a school or college, within the Hillingdon area of Greater London. The role is full-time and permanent, requiring the individual to work standard hours. The working conditions may involve close interaction with students with SEND and may require assisting with personal care tasks. The individual will collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to provide effective support to students. Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities will be provided, and the role offers benefits under PAYE.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.