SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: South Tyneside, United Kingdom
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you possess the skills, patience, and dedication to support their educational journey? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an SEN Teaching Assistant in South Tyneside!
About Us: At Protocol Education, we are committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for all our students. We believe that every child, regardless of their unique learning needs, deserves a high-quality education. Our dedicated team of professionals works tirelessly to support the growth and development of students with SEN, ensuring they achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher and other professionals to provide individualized support for students with SEN.
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Behavior Support Plans (BSPs).
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment where all students can thrive.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students, tailoring your approach to their specific needs.
- Foster positive relationships with students, helping to build their confidence and self-esteem.
- Assist with classroom management and the maintenance of a safe and organized learning space.
- Monitor and record student progress and share this information with relevant stakeholders.
- Attend training and professional development opportunities to continually enhance your skills.
Who we are looking for?:
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar role is preferred, but not essential.
- A passion for working with students with SEN and a commitment to their well-being and educational progress.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
- A patient and empathetic nature, with the ability to adapt to the individual needs of each student.
- The willingness to undergo necessary background checks and training as required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with your skills and experience.
- A supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- The chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of students with SEN.
- A positive and inclusive workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion.
If you're ready to join a team dedicated to transforming the lives of students with SEN, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, please submit your CV to email@example.com as to why you are passionate about working with students with SEN.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.