Are you looking for a varied and rewarding role? Do you enjoy working with children who have special educational needs? Protocol Education are currently working with a Sepcial Educational Secondary School in Aylesbury. They are are seeking to appoint teaching assistants to work with all the pupils in their care.
The school caters for pupils aged 11 - 19 with a broad diversity of complex needs inclduing Profound and Multiple, Severe and Moderate Difficulties. Almost half of the pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autsim Sprectrum Disorder. The school are forunate enough to have wonderful facilities inclduing large halls, hydrotherapy pool, soft play, sensory room and more!
This rewarding but challenging role will include, but not limited:
- Implement and carry out bahvioural plans for pupils
- Assisting with personal and hygeine care
- Adminitsering medicine
- Look after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities
- Support children’s’ learning through sensory play and planned learning activities
The successful candidate will have:
- Sensitivity and understanding
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- To enjoy working with other people
- To be flexible and open to change
- Excellent verbal communication skills
The succesful candidate will need:
- An Adult and Child DBS on the Update Service (or willing to purchase)
- A Right To Work in the UK
- 2 proof of addresses
- References covering 2 years
What Protocol Education can provide:
- Competitive pay rates
- FREE ongoing continued professional development (CPD)
- £50 refer a friend scheme
- Your own personal consultant to find the perfect role for you.
If you feel like this is the right role for you, please apply with your CV or email Abi at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.