Protocol Education is currently looking for a passionate and dedicated SEND Teaching Assistant to join our team in a Doncaster school. The successful candidate will work closely with the school's SENCO and class teachers to support the learning and development of pupils with special educational needs.
- Provide one-to-one or small group support to pupils with a range of special educational needs, including autism, dyslexia, and emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Help to maintain a positive classroom environment by implementing behaviour management strategies and promoting inclusive practice.
- Liaise with parents/carers and external professionals, such as speech and language therapists and educational psychologists, to ensure that pupils' needs are met.
- Monitor and record pupils' progress and provide regular feedback to teachers and SENCO.
- Support pupils with their personal care needs, as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs in a mainstream or special school setting.
- Knowledge of different special educational needs and the strategies used to support pupils with these needs.
- Experience of delivering interventions and support programmes, such as speech and language therapy programmes and social skills groups.
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to promoting inclusive practice and raising achievement for all pupils.
- Competitive rates of pay, with weekly pay and access to a range of employee benefits.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities, including free CPD courses and support towards further qualifications.
- A dedicated consultant who will provide you with ongoing support and guidance throughout your placement.
- Opportunities to work in a variety of settings and to gain experience in different aspects of SEND provision.
If you are a dedicated and compassionate SEND Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.