We are seeking an experienced and motivated SEND Teacher to join our team at a secondary school in Doncaster. The ideal candidate will be passionate about teaching science to children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Plan and deliver creative and engaging science lessons to students with SEND, using a range of teaching methods to maximise learning outcomes
- Develop individual education plans (IEPs) for students with SEND to ensure their specific needs are being met
- Monitor and assess student progress, providing regular feedback to students and parents/carers
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and support staff to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach to SEND provision
- Attend and contribute to meetings and training sessions related to SEND provision
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) with a specialism in science
- Experience teaching science to students with SEND in a secondary school setting
- Good knowledge and understanding of SEND provision and the SEND Code of Practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents/carers
- A commitment to continuous professional development and improving outcomes for students with SEND
If you are a passionate and dedicated SEND Teacher with a background in science, we would love to hear from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.