We are seeking a qualified SEND Teacher to join our Humanities department at Rotherham School. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing quality education to our students with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons in line with the national curriculum
- To differentiate lessons and resources to meet the diverse needs of students with SEND
- To work collaboratively with members of the department and external agencies to support student progress and well-being
- To monitor and track the progress of SEND students and provide timely feedback to parents and carers
- To participate in training and professional development opportunities to enhance teaching practice
- Qualified Teacher Status with experience of teaching Humanities at secondary level
- Experience of teaching students with SEND, including Autism and ADHD
- The ability to differentiate and adapt teaching materials to meet the needs of all learners
- Knowledge of SEND legislation and best practices in SEND education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you are passionate about teaching and supporting students with SEND, we encourage you to apply.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.