Special Needs Teacher (English Specialism)
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a dedicated and supportive teacher? Do you have a good understanding of the national curriculum?
A SEND Teacher / Special Educational Need teacher is needed in Chesterfield!
About the School:
Based in Hasland, Chesterfield, this pupil referral unit caters to children aged 11-16 years with severe social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Most students attending the school have behavioural difficulties and associated disorders which have caused problems in mainstream schools and led to exclusions. Each member of staff is fully committed to improving the outcomes of the students and supporting them back into mainstream education. The academy is across 3 sites catering to 130 pupils over North Derbyshire.
Protocol Education are recruiting for….
A confident SEND Teacher looking for their next challenge to work in a Pupil Referral Unit in Chesterfield supporting KS3 and 4 students. The school has a team of dedicated behavioural support assistants who provide fantastic support to the children. The students are vulnerable and need that little bit of extra support, you will need to be patient also caring, but also able to manage behaviour. The school day runs 8:30am till 12:50pm. with the afternoon beign reserved for bespoke programmes for children needing addiitonal support or travelling to students homes to deliver lessons. Peripatetic work is not guaranteed but is a possibility, so a driving license and you own transport is preferred.
The school has an excellent reputation and is a brilliant place to work; the staff are welcoming, friendly helpful and supportive of one another. The Hasland site is a small setting with 15-25 children on site at any one time, but you may be required to travel between other sites in the close vicinity.
The ideal SEND Teacher / Special Educational Needs and Disabilities teacher will have:
- UK QTS with SEND experience
- The ability to follow the National Curriculum and provide creative lessons
- Positive approach to teaching
- The ability to build good relationships with the staff and pupils
- Fantastic classroom management
- A specialism in English
- A full UK driving license
What Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £50 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.