Are you a teacher with a passion for working with children with SEND?
Are you committed in supporting all children achieve their best possible outcomes, whatever their starting point or background?
We have specialist schools in Somerset looking to recruit full time (TTO) passionate SEND Teachers on a Temp/Perm basis to start ASAP.
Whether you are looking for a career change or a NQT/ECT wanting to start their career in SEND teaching, we want to hear from you.
- You will lead alongside experienced SEND TAs supporting pupils to overcome their barriers to learning and help them to make accelerated progress.
- You will plan and deliver high quality interventions to support the pupils to achieve their targets set out in their EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan).
- Support the behaviour management of the classroom, following the schools behaviour management policy.
- Follow school’s safeguarding policies, ensuring any safeguarding concerns are reported using the school’s referral procedures.
- Lead on an area of the curriculum
- Primary need ASD
- Up to 10 KS4 pupils
- Learning towards KS2 and functional skills
- have excellent communication skills, good emotional literacy and be resilient in challenging environments.
- be passionate, inspirational and put the needs of children and young people first.
- have the commitment and expertise to develop the potential of pupils of all needs and abilities.
- be able to motivate, engage and inspire all pupils to learn.
- be calm & able to maintain a sense of humour under pressure, whilst flexible enough to adapt as situations change.
- be committed to developing pupils’ independence and emotional and physical well-being.
- work collaboratively within a team and alongside other professionals to ensure that learning is appropriate to meet the needs of individual learners.
What the school can offer:
- Full induction programme and ongoing professional development
- Supportive staff team
- Onsite subsidised café
- Provision of free tea/coffee for staff
- Wellbeing room and information on wellbeing approaches
- Access to Occupational Health Service
- High quality and extensive CPD and opportunites for progression throughout the school and wider partnership
What Protocol can offer you:
- Competitive rates that express your experience and responsibilities
- Continuous CPD development.
- £50 refer a friend.
- Social events such as bowling and pizza, giving you an opportunity to network with other educational staff.
- A team of professional and experienced consultants to guide you.
- Around the clock support and assistance from protocol education.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.